Be your own advocate
We can help you learn the skills you need to be your own advocate.
In 2 sessions we’ll teach you:
- What advocacy is.
- Skills and confidence tricks to say what you want.
Get in touch to find out if there’s an advocacy class near you soon:
- Call: 0300 323 0965
- Email: email@example.com
Your self-advocacy toolkit
Stick these sheets up at home to help you plan your meetings and remember the things you need to do:
Click on the pictures to open a page you can print out and keep:
- Contacts Sheet – you can write important phone numbers here so you can always find them.
- Contact Journal – use this sheet to write the main things you have talked about in your meeting that you want to remember for next time.
- To do list – write things you need to do here. You can tick off things from your list when you have done them.
- Weekly planner – this colourful chart can help you feel less stressed by helping you organise your week.
- Appointment preparation sheet – make a note of the things you want to talk about in your meeting so you don’t forget.
Fact sheets and tips on being assertive, listening and staying calm: